MAA Fee Hosting Plan - Details
Want to use WeBWorK but don’t want the hassle of managing your own installation? The MAA can provide low-cost hosting services for you and your department on MAA servers.
Institutions having an active, paid MAA Departmental membership, at the time the WebWork subscription order is received, are entitled to a discounted membership rate. Institutions which do not have an active departmental membership are not eligible for the discount.
|MAA Departmental Members||$200|
Current active MAA Departmental members, who are eligible for the member discount, can be found here. The MAA will make every effort to keep this list up to date, but when in doubt, please call the MAA Customer Service Center to determine your institution’s membership status. The Customer Service can process both Departmental membership orders and WebWork subscription orders.
More information about the fee hosting plan
- To request hosting, instructors need to fill out the online form and follow the instructions on the form. Once the payment is received MAA will create the course and email you the login information.
- Payment can be made via check or credit card. Non-member institutions may pay directly online. Departmental members must contact the MAA Service Center at 800-331-1622 to pay by phone.
- Paid subscriptions are meant to have durations of seven months, but the length of the subscription will depend upon the activation date. Thus the date the customer orders (and pays for) their subscription can impact the length of the subscription. Customers are encouraged to order in advance of the activation dates shown (or as close to those dates as possible). In this way they have time to prepare prior to the start of each session, while also receiving the maximum length of time in which to utilize the product.
WebWork Subscription Paid Subscription Activation Date Paid Subscription Expiration Date Fall Session No earlier than July 15 January 15 Spring Session No earlier than December 15 June 15 Summer Session No earlier than April 15 September 15
- WebWork will be activated within two business days of a payment being processed.
- A single "WeBWorK course" may accommodate multiple sections, all of which share the same assignments and due dates. The primary instructor may add additional instructors, and students in a course can be attached to particular sections to allow instructors to communicate with just those students in their own section (through the WeBWorK system email), and to manage/export grades for students by section.
- Institutions or individuals ordering multiple courses, within the same order, are eligible for multi-course discounts. Those discounts are as follows:
Number of Courses Ordered MAA Departmental Member Rate Non-Departmental Member Rate 1-4 $200 per course $300 per course 5 or more $100 per course $100 per course
** Please note that everyone is charged $200 / $300 per course for the first four courses. Discounts ($100 per course) apply only to courses 5 and up.
- For each course, a single primary instructor account will be established. The primary instructor serves as the point of contact between MAA and the department for all technical questions related to the course.
- Instructors are responsible for uploading student data, assigning problems, and managing all instructional records, including making regular back-ups of student grades.
- MAA guarantees 99% uptime for WeBWorK servers. Technical support for hosting issues only is available by email Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST, excluding holidays. Support for using WeBWorK is available through the WeBWorK forum, accessible through webwork.maa.org.
- Terms of Service