Limited Free Hosting Plan - Details
If you are interested in trying out WeBWorK, the limited free hosting plan offered by the MAA gives you an easy way to get started.
During this free trial, instructors will have use of all of WeBWorK's homework delivery and grading functions, including full access to the problem library.
More information about the limited free hosting plan
- Free trial subscription may be requested online.
- WebWork will be activated and available for your use within two business days of your request being received.
- One free trial per institution. One time only offer. Please see a list of institutions that have used (or are using) their free trial. If you see your institution listed as “hosted”, you are not eligible for another free trial.
Note: A free trial which was requested, but never activated, is still considered to have been fulfilled and thus no additional free trials may be requested.
- Free trials expire 12 months from activation.
- For each course, a single primary instructor account will be established. The primary instructor serves as the point of contact between MAA and the department for all technical questions related to the course.
- Instructors are responsible for uploading student data, assigning problems, and managing all instructional records, including making regular back-ups of student grades.
- MAA guarantees 99% uptime for WeBWorK servers. Technical support for hosting issues only is available by email Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST, excluding holidays. Support for using WeBWorK is available through the WeBWorK forum, accessible through webwork.maa.org.
- A single WeBWorK “course” may accommodate multiple sections, all of which share the same assignments and due dates. The primary instructor may add additional instructors, and students in a course can be tagged to particular sections to allow instructors to communicate with just those students in their own section (through the WeBWorK system email), and to manage/export grades for students by section.
- Departments hosting large numbers of courses over extended periods may be offered alternative package pricing. Contact MAA's Service Center at (800) 331-1622 for more information.
- Terms of Service