Major updates to the file manager to allow it to:
1. Show dates and sizes of files (optionally, since some browsers
don't handle the CSS to change to a monospaced font).
2. Provide better control over renaming of uploaded files whose
names already exist (there is a checkbox for overwriting them
automatically; if unchecked, the user is prompted for a new name).
3. Allow the creation or gzipped tar archives from files in the
course directory. Multiple files and directories can be selected
to be included in the archive. If only one file is selected, the
archive will have it's name with ".tgz" appended; if mulitple
files are selected, the archive will get a unique name starting
with the course ID.
4. Provide a checkbox that controls whether uploaded .tgz archives
are unpacked automatically, and a second that controls whether the
unpacked archive file is deleted afterward. Files from the
archive will be unpacked into the current directory, and will
overwrite existing files silently.
5. Follow symbolic links that are to files or directories within the
course hierarchy. In addition, there is a new variable in
global.conf that provides a list of "valid links"; these are
directories to which the FileManager is allowed to follow symbolic
links. The system administator can add directories to this list
in order to allow professors to access limited areas outside their
course directory (but they still need to have a symblic link
within their course to those areas in order to view them).
I think this covers all the current FileManager requests, and this