This page has ideas for a new Homework Set Editor (HSE) based on discussions at WeBWorK::Rochester in June 2012. There are plans to spend time developing this at the code camp WeBWorK::Fitchburg in October 2012.
A new interface and flow of an HSE is based on what instructors do in creating/changing homework sets. Instructors do (or want to do) the following things with homework sets
- import existing homework sets from other courses (either on the same server or other location)
- create a new homework set (using problems from the local server or the OPL)
- change problems on an existing homework set
- change settings for existing homework sets (due dates/times, set type, who they are assigned to, etc.)
- Score/download results of finished homework sets
Based on these ideas, the goal will be to simplify and clarify the homework set editor and possibly combine a number of the tasks in the instructor tools and scoring tools
The following is a detailed look at the new HSE:
- Import sets from a set definition file
- Copy a set from an existing course on the same server
- Download a set from another server (possibly a central server like webwork.maa.org)
Create New Homework Sets
- Create an empty homework set and add problems from the local server or the OPL
Change Problems on an Existing Sets
- For an existing set (possibly from importing), change the problems (add, delete, edit problems, reorder). This will need to tie into the Problem Editor.
Change Settings for Existing Homework Sets
- The settings to change include due dates/times, reduced credit, type of assignment, header files.
Score and Download Results of Finished Homework Sets
- Show the scores of a completed homework set. Have the ability to download the results.