ModelCourses/Instructions for importing problem sets
To install one of the problem sets from this wiki to your WebWork course:
Uploading and Unpacking
- Log into the WebWork course for which you are the instructor
- From the Instructor Tools, select File Manager
- Make certain you are in the 'templates' directory. This is the default when you first access the File Manager but just check to be certain.
- Click on the 'Browse' button located near the bottom of this page
- In the popup window, browse your computer to find the file you downloaded arlier. It should have 'last name' '.tgz'
- Make certain 'Unpack archives automatically' and 'then delete them' remain checked.
- Click on the 'Upload' button
Creating the Assignments
- The file archive has now been unpacked and the individual files are located in your WebWork directory. You will need to officially assign these unpacked files as separate homework sets.
- From the instructor's Tools, select Homework Sets Editor.
- Click on the 'Import' button.
- Select 'multiple sets' and select the files you want to use. Since you are using the model course files, you likely want all that have the model course name. There are a few that may come preloaded (such as setDemo.def) that you can avoid. Holding down the control key and clicking allows you to select multiple files. Holding down the shift key and clicking the first and then the last files allows you to select them all.
- Click on 'Take Action'
If you edit the problems, change the set headers or just want to save your semester's course, you will want to Follow the Instructions for exporting problem sets