Difference between revisions of "Create WeBWorK LiveDVD"
|(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)|
Latest revision as of 17:04, 19 July 2018
Instructions for creating WeBWorK-LiveDVD
Note that the resulting .iso image can be used to create both a bootable LiveDVD and a bootable Live USB flash memory stick
- Download the ubuntu live CD
- Install following the standard directions with the following options
- Don't partition disks separately (it doesn't matter for the Live DVD)
- User name: wwadmin
- login: wwadmin
- password: wwadmin
- Computer name: wwserver
Follow install directions
- except do not install openssh-server (this has to be installed after the LiveDVD installation since it fails if it's part of the LiveDVD)
- set password for MySQL (wwadmin)
- add practice users and jsmith/jsmith to myTestCourse
Read about PinguyBuilder (from https://sourceforge.net/projects/pinguy-os/files/ISO_Builder/)
Install PinguyBuilder in Ubuntu
sudo dpkg -i package_name.deb
CLEAN UP SYSTEM
- sudo find / -name *~ -print
- Clear Firefox data, logs
Remove openssh-server if installed
- LIVEUSER "wwadmin"
- LIVECDLABEL "WeBWorK Live DVD Demo"
- CUSTOMISO "WW2.4_Ubuntu9.10_Vanilla_LiveDVD.iso"
Now create the iso file
The iso file and md5 sum is in /home/PinguyBuilder/PinguyBuilder to burn: right click on file and select write to disk