Instructions for translators
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Editing Instructions for WeBWorK translators
- Obtain the webwork2.pot file from http://webwork.maa.org/viewvc/system/trunk/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Localize/. At the same location you can also find the current versions of the .po file for each language.
- There are good instructions for creating and adding translations to a .po file at http://betterwp.net/wordpress-tips/create-pot-file-using-poedit/. Translators can skip the first section on creating a .pot file and proceed directly to the "creating .po files" and "updating .po files" sections.
- Poedit uses the webwork2.pot file as a template or catalog to define the strings that need translating. It saves a .po file, for example tr.po (resp. es.po, etc.) which contains the translations of those strings in Turkish (resp. Spanish, etc.).
- The .po and .pot files can be edited (carefully) by any text editor, but it is better to use the Poedit application to edit them. The Poedit application will make sure that the format is preserved.
- When you have translated phrases you would like to have uploaded to the current webwork distribution:
Please help modify this wiki page to make the instructions more accurate and complete.
Thank you for your help in making WeBWorK available in every language.