Release notes for WeBWorK 2.5.2
Jump to navigation Jump to search
WeBWorK Online Homework Delivery System Version 2.5.2 Copyright 2000-2012, The WeBWorK Project All rights reserved. Details ------- Beta release date: August, 2012 Github repository: https://github.com/openwebwork Modules: webwork2-dev pg-dev
New features for 2.5.2
- MathAchievements module added. When turned on it provides "gamefication" for WeBWorK.
- New features for Admin courses editor page.
- Experimental editor pages: HmwkEditor1,2;,ClasslistEditor1,2; PGProblemEditor1,2,3
- Basic support for the ipad.
- Configuration files
- configuration files split into prelocal.conf, global.conf.dist,postlocal.conf ** this makes incremental upgrading of webwork2 much easier since the configuration files will not in general need to be rewritten.
- VERSION file indicates the current version of WeBWorK which is printed in the footer of each page.
- MathAchievements module added.
- Admin pages:
- Ability to show/hide courses from the command line
- Replace email registration of WeBWorK site with link to the MAA registration form.
- Editor pages
- There are new (beta) editors for homework, classlists, librarybrowser and PGproblemeditor.
- There is a setting in postlocal.conf which allows you to determine which links to editors are displayed in the left margin. (You can hide the more experimental browsers if you wish.)
- Homework editor pages
- Classlist editor pages
- PGProblemEditor pages
- LibraryBrowser pages
- There are now three alternatives for browsing the collection of problems (WeBWorK Open Problem Library or OPL for short. Formerly called NPL)
- Add basic support for using WeBWorK on the ipad. This makes WeBWorK useable on an ipad and iphone but it has not yet been optimized for ipad use.
- Dates, Time and Timezones
- pop up menu date entry for some (not all) date entry in HmwkEditor2
- Add module for authorizing using the shibboleth module.
- LTI standard interface installed allowing for WeBWorK integration into Course Management Systems using that standard. (thanks to Bill Wheeler)
- More changes under the hood
- webwork webservice: Upgrades to the to serve LibraryBrowser
- webwork webservice: Allow option to assign homework when user is added via web service (John Hsu at UBC)
- webwork webservice: Allow course creation via webservice (John Hsu at UBC)
Release notes for PG 2.5.2
- Under the hood
- Improvements to the PG warning and debug message channels