Set Definition Files
A set definition file is a text file used to transferring homework set data between WeBWorK courses. It contains all the non-user-specific data pertaining to the homework set.
A set definition file consists of two sections. The first section is a line-based list of set data. The second part is a list of problems in the problem set. Blank lines are ignored, as is anything after a
The set data section starts at the beginning of the file. Each line of the set data section is of the form
fieldName = field value ...
The following fields are recognized:
- The open date (and time) of the set; before this time students will not be allowed to view the set.
- The due date (and time) of the set; before this time students will not be allowed to submit answers for credit.
- The answer date (and time) of the set; after this time students will be allowed to view the correct answers and solutions for the problems in the set.
- Path to a PG file to use as the hardcopy header for the set. If not present, the course or system default is used. See also: Header Files and Snippets.
- Path to a PG file to use as the set header for the set. If not present, the course or system default is used. See also: Header Files and Snippets.
If the homework set is a gateway test, the following fields may also be present:
The problem list section starts with the line
No value should follow the
=. The remainder of the file is interpreted as comma-separated values. Each line represents one problem in the set. The fields are as follows: