PREP 2011 Notes June 26
Contributing to Webwork
Examples of other things that are available
- Using iframes will allow virtually anything to be displayed inside a webwork problem
- Making embedded apps interact with webwork still involves some technical issues
- The wiki needs to be organized. This is a place where you can volunteer.
- Next one at Mathfest in Lexington
- Training trainers to go out to show others how to use Webwork and why it might be useful
- Run two outreach sessions within two years after the training
- Survey of the workshop
- Survey of all users of Webwork
- Encourage users to publish articles regarding the use of Webwork
- Encourage users to at least share examples of what they do
- Collecting research papers on Webwork on the wiki. Opportunity for a volunteer.
Refreshments are still available!
- MAA continues to develop a hosting platform
- MAA working on a formal hosting policy
- Up to 100 students is still free for any institution
- Members of the PREP workshop should contact Michael if they have particular needs.
- Reporting Bugs is important.
- PLEASE submit bug reports so that problems can be fixed.
- Growth of the problem library. Needs tighter control eventually.
- Need folks to volunteer to curate specific sections of the library. Perhaps involving the creation of an "Editorial Board" for the library.