Translating OPL Problems
For tranlating WeBWorK OPL problems, please adhere to the following conventions:
- The language tag will use ISO 639.1. So, a problem written in French would have
among its OPL tags.
- Problem files should just have one language rather than if/then's to code them up.
- We recommend that problems which are translations of each other be in the same directory with the same name, but with the 639.1 label at the end, as in sr3-2.es.pg and sr3-2.fr.pg.
- But, if you translate an existing problem, do not change the existing file name to sr3-2.en.pg since that would break existing paths.
- It is possible down the line that we may use the file name as a way of picking up languages, but we don't want to rush to that, so use a language tag, e.g. Language(fr)
- Problems without a language tag will be assumed to be English, but authors new of English language problems are encouraged to use the Language(en) tag.