Create WeBWorK LiveDVD
Instructions for creating WeBWorK-LiveDVD
Note that the resulting .iso image can be used to create both a bootable LiveDVD and a bootable Live USB flash memory stick
- Download the ubuntu live CD
- Install following the standard directions with the following options
- Don't partition disks separately (it doesn't matter for the Live DVD)
- User name: wwadmin
- login: wwadmin
- password: wwadmin
- Computer name: wwserver
Follow install directions
- except do not install openssh-server (this has to be installed after the LiveDVD installation since it fails if it's part of the LiveDVD)
- set password for MySQL (wwadmin)
- add practice users and jsmith/jsmith to myTestCourse
Read about remastersys (from http://www.geekconnection.org/remastersys/ubuntu.html)
Install Remastersys in Ubuntu
Where can I get remastersys? The Remastersys repository needs to be added to your /etc/apt/sources.list
Paste the following into the sources.list:
Then run "sudo apt-get update" and install remastersys.
CLEAN UP SYSTEM
- sudo find / -name *~ -print
- Clear Firefox data, logs
Edit /etc/remastersys.conf (Note: info in the remastersys.conf file didn't seem to get read or maybe I missed something.)
- LIVEUSER "wwadmin"
- LIVECDLABEL "WeBWorK Live DVD Demo"
- CUSTOMISO "WW2.4_Ubuntu9.10_Vanilla_LiveDVD.iso"
Now create the iso file
- sudo remastersys backup
The iso file is in /home/remastersys/
to burn: right click on file and select write to disk