Installing WeBWorK from a Virtual Machine Image
After installing from the WeBWorK Virtual Machine Image, you will have a full fledged Ubuntu Server LTS system with WeBWorK, Apache2, MySQL, R server, lighttpd, log rotation, etc. installed and configured. If your network uses DHCP, networking will be automatically configured for your system. If it uses static IP addresses, you will have to configure networking. Also it is imperative that you CHANGE THE DEFAULT PASSWORDS for the OS users
wwadmin (which has sudo privileges), for the MySQL users
webworkWrite, and for the WeBWorK user
admin which has professor privileges. See the specific instructions below.
WeBWorK Virtual Machine Images
Current Virtual Machine Images
- Installing_from_WW2.15_Ubuntu20.04_Server Virtual Machine Image These instructions cover the installation of the Ubuntu Server20.04 LTS operating system and WeBWorK 2.15 using the WeBWorK Virtual Machine Image.
After installing this image, you will have a full fledged Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS system with WeBWorK, Apache2, MySQL, R server, lighttpd, log rotation, etc. installed and configured.
Older Outdated Virtual Machine Images
- Installing_from_WW2.12_Ubuntu16.04_Vanilla Virtual Machine Image
- Installing_from_WW2.10_Ubuntu14.04_Vanilla Virtual Machine Image
- Installing_from_WW2.9_Ubuntu14.04_Vanilla Virtual Machine Image
- Installing_from_WW2.7_Ubuntu12.04_Vanilla Virtual Machine Image
--> Consult for other WeBWorK documentation for system administrators.
-- Main.ArnoldPizer - 8 May 2020