Installing WeBWorK from a Virtual Machine Image
After installing from a WeBWorK Virtual Machine Image, you will have a full fledged Ubuntu Server LTS system with WeBWorK, Apache2, MariaDB, R server, lighttpd, log rotation, etc. installed and configured. If your network uses DHCP, networking will be automatically configured for your system. If it uses static IP addresses, you will have to configure networking.
WeBWorK Virtual Machine Images
Current Virtual Machine Images
- WeBWorK 2.16 Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS Virtual Machine Image: These instructions cover the installation of the Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS operating system and WeBWorK 2.15 using the WeBWorK Virtual Machine Image. It is imperative that you CHANGE THE DEFAULT PASSWORDS for the OS users
wwadmin(which has sudo privileges), for the MySQL users
webworkWrite, and for the WeBWorK user
adminwhich has professor privileges. See the specific instructions below.
After installing this image, you will have a full fledged Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS system with WeBWorK, Apache2, MySQL, R server, lighttpd, log rotation, etc. installed and configured.
Older Available Virtual Machine Images
Older No Longer Available Virtual Machine Images
- Installing_from_WW2.12_Ubuntu16.04_Vanilla Virtual Machine Image
- Installing_from_WW2.10_Ubuntu14.04_Vanilla Virtual Machine Image
- Installing_from_WW2.9_Ubuntu14.04_Vanilla Virtual Machine Image
- Installing_from_WW2.7_Ubuntu12.04_Vanilla Virtual Machine Image
-- Main.ArnoldPizer - August 2021
Consult for other WeBWorK documentation for system administrators.