What is a Model Course?
One of our goals is to create Model Courses. By this, we mean a set of WeBWorK problem sets with problems that will match the course syllabus for one or more textbook.
What should be in a Model Course:
- Information about the text(s) to which it is matched
- Information about the syllabus that it assumes
- The set definition files (or sets of set definition files) that provide the problem sets for the course
- Any problems that are developed to fill in gaps in the NPL
- Naming conventions: how should we name sets and problems so that they are consistent (within the course) and useful?
- Completeness: how much should the model courses be a complete set of problem sets and problems for a course?
How should all of these data be organized? A possible model:
CourseName/ Textbook_Readme Syllabus_Readme Set_Definitions/ sethomework0.def sethomework1.def etc. Problem_Files/ prob01.pg prob02.pg etc. Hardcopies/ homework0.pdf homework1.pdf etc.