New Authors landing page
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This guide contains information about authoring WeBWorK problems.
- If you're just starting out, see the Problem Authoring Background Information and sample problems first.
- If you're working on a problem in a specific area you may find the more advanced templates useful.
- If you're working on a problem and want to find out how to do one particular thing the index of problem techniques may be useful.
- Use the online calculators to try things out.
Manuals and HOWTOs
- Problem Authoring Background Information
- Basic Perl syntax — PG is based on Perl, so it is important to know some basic Perl syntax.
- Problem Authoring Best Practices for problem authoring.
- How BEGIN_TEXT...END_TEXT blocks work
- MathObjects, an object system for manipulating mathematics in WeBWorK problems.
- Tagging Problems with metadata for indexing and searching.
- PGLabs, online calculators for immediate display of MathObjects and PG markup language (PGML) These are very helpful for learning the syntax.
- Converting CAPA problems for use with WeBWorK
- What to do if you find a bug in a problem
- Index of Sample Problems
- More Advanced Sample Problems