PREP 2011 Notes June 23
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Meeting at Carriage House
June 23, 2011
- course manifest
- minimum of 12 assignments
- find good NPL problems to fill out assignment
- improve them by writing solutions, hints, converting to math objects, etc.
- write new problems if necessary
- write set definition files
- save files to a nicely named directory relative to your model course
- if copied from NPL, reference the original problem
- testing, including export to pdf
- Morning: Talks
- Afternoon: Work
- 5:00pm status reports
Using Webwork for Mathematics with Business Decisions
- ...with colleagues as one large zipped file with all dates, etc. set in a reasonable manner
- Open dates all the same before the start of the course
- Due dates starting one week into the course for the first set and then adding a week for each additional set
- Answer due date set to far into the future
Editing course header and set header files
- Discussion regarding how many attempts students should be allowed to have on each question
- New feature will tell students if they are resubmitting previously submitted attempts
- Course header files contain info such as due dates and links to the actual problems used. Text.
- Set header files contain info about the actual assignment. Perl. Can do two separate files (?) to get HTML into these files but it is better to use Perl constructs so that any printed version will also display correctly.
- Problem collection files
- 32 pages...
- Hard copy collection of assignments for the course
- Problem Index
- Quick Start Guide
- Including a checklist for instructors to follow as they set up their course.
- Tutorial, including screenshots of various features
all typos and misteaks ;) by John Travis