Release notes for WeBWorK 2.16
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Essay grader features
- MathJax 3
- Should we advertise MathQuill here, even though it was in 2.15?
- Improved hardcopy of PGML problems
- TikZ images in problems.
- Revised "WeBWorK errors" page code + error.log records
- LTI Improvements
- Same-site Cookies
- Fix applets in gateway quizzes
- Install npm from your package manager (Ubuntu:
apt install npmCentOS/RHEL:
yum install npm).
> cd /opt/webwork/webwork2/htdocs > npm install
- WW 2.16 requires MathJax v3. Previous versions of WW required MathJax v2, so if you are upgrading an existing WW installation you will need to switch to MathJax v3:
> cd /opt/webwork/MathJax > git checkout origin/master
- The following perl packages will need to be installed
- HTTP::Async (on Ubuntu install the package libhttp-async-perl)
- CGI::Cookie (see https://github.com/openwebwork/webwork2/pull/1149)
- There have been some tweaks to localOverrides.conf.dist. If you have not done any customization to localOverrides.conf then you should consider replacing it with a new copy of localOverrides.conf.dist. If you have made customizations in localOverrides.conf, you should consider synchronizing them with the latest version of localOverrides.conf.dist.
- WeBWorK is currently not compatible with recent versions of the SQL::Abstract package, so avoid upgrading past version 1.8. WW is known to work with versions up to 1.87.
Call for Translators
Some text has changed in the WeBWorK interface, so there are new entries that need to be translated into other languages.