Release notes for WeBWorK 2.16
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Essay grader features
- MathJax 3
- Should we advertise MathQuill here, even though it was in 2.15?
- Improved hardcopy of PGML problems
- TikZ images in problems.
- Revised "WeBWorK errors" page code + error.log records
- LTI Improvements
- Same-site Cookies
- Fix applets in gateway quizzes
- JQuery is no longer packaged with WeBWorK. The recommended approach is to install via npm:
- Install npm from your package manager (Ubuntu:
apt install npmCentOS/RHEL:
yum install npm).
- Use npm to install JQuery:
> cd /opt/webwork/webwork2/htdocs > npm install
- WW 2.16 requires MathJax v3. Previous versions of WW required MathJax v2, so if you are upgrading an existing WW installation you will need to switch to MathJax v3:
> cd /opt/webwork/MathJax > git checkout origin/master
- The following perl packages will need to be installed
- CGI::Cookie (see https://github.com/openwebwork/webwork2/pull/1149)
- There have been some tweaks to localOverrides.conf.dist. If you have not done any customization to localOverrides.conf then you should consider replacing it with a new copy of localOverrides.conf.dist. If you have made customizations in localOverrides.conf, you should consider synchronizing them with the latest version of localOverrides.conf.dist.
- WeBWorK is currently not compatible with recent versions of the SQL::Abstract package, so avoid upgrading past version 1.8. WW is known to work with versions up to 1.87.