Release notes for WeBWorK 2.16
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Essay grader features
- MathJax 3
- Should we advertise MathQuill here, even though it was in 2.15?
- Improved hardcopy of PGML problems
- TikZ images in problems.
- New macro parserGraphTool.pl for interactive graphing problems
- Revised "WeBWorK errors" page code + error.log records
- LTI Improvements
- Same-site Cookies
- Fix applets in gateway quizzes
- Install npm from your package manager (Ubuntu:
apt install npmCentOS/RHEL:
yum install npm).
> cd /opt/webwork/webwork2/htdocs > npm install
- WW 2.16 requires MathJax v3. Previous versions of WW required MathJax v2 that was installed at /opt/webwork/MathJax. WW 2.16 installs MathJax via npm, so if you are upgrading an existing WW installation you may safely delete /opt/webwork/MathJax.
- The following perl packages will need to be installed
- HTTP::Async (on Ubuntu install the package libhttp-async-perl)
- CGI::Cookie (see https://github.com/openwebwork/webwork2/pull/1149)
- There have been some tweaks to localOverrides.conf.dist. If you have not done any customization to localOverrides.conf then you should consider replacing it with a new copy of localOverrides.conf.dist. If you have made customizations in localOverrides.conf, you should consider synchronizing them with the latest version of localOverrides.conf.dist.
- WeBWorK is currently not compatible with recent versions of the SQL::Abstract package, so avoid upgrading past version 1.8. WW is known to work with versions up to 1.87.
- If you want to allow the use of the new PGtikz.pl macro, you will need to modify /etc/ImageMagick-6/policy.xml and change the line near the end of the file from
<policy domain="coder" rights="none" pattern="PDF" />
<policy domain="coder" rights="read" pattern="PDF" />
Call for Translators
Some text has changed in the WeBWorK interface, so there are new entries that need to be translated into other languages.