Release notes for WeBWorK 2.4.0
The WeBWorKTeam is pleased to announce the release of WeBWorK 2.4.0. This release contains numerous improvements over WeBWorK 2.3.2. New features include:
- NewSQL: A new, more efficient database subsystem.
- Moodle 1.7+ compatibility: Compatibility with Moodle version 1.5 and up.
- Gateway testing improvements: more flexibility about what data is shown to students and when, browser compatibility fixes, improved editing instructor-side editing of gateway test, and bug fixes.
- IP restriction: It is now possible to restrict the IP from which a user can access a problem set. This is useful for gateway testing, in which students are only permitted to take the test from particular locations.
- jsMath version 3.4c: See http://www.math.union.edu/~dpvc/jsmath/changes.html for list of changes.
WeBWorK 2.4.0 is available from our CVS repository, or as a tarball from our SourceForge file release page. We recommend that you install from CVS. Keep in mind that because of the layout of files within the
webwork2 directory tree, upgrading an existing installation is harder using a tarball than using CVS.
Installation instructions are available from InstallationManualV2pt4.
You must also have PGLanguageRelease2pt4pt0 installed. The installation manual also covers installing PG.
- There are database changes in 2.4.0, so be sure to run
bin/wwdb_upgradeas described in the installation manual.
If you need help installing or using WeBWorK, visit the WeBWorK discussion group and post your question there. The developers and many experienced WeBWorK users monitor this forum.
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
Please submit bug reports and feature requests at http://bugs.webwork.rochester.edu/.
-- Main.SamHathaway - 09 Aug 2007