Release notes for WeBWorK 184.108.40.206
WeBWorK Online Homework Delivery System Version 2.5.1 Copyright 2000-2012, The WeBWorK Project All rights reserved. Details ------- Release date: January 2013 Github repository: https://github.com/openwebwork/webwork2-dev (as of January 2013) branch: ww220.127.116.11 Modules: webwork2 pg
|Warning :||The ww18.104.22.168 release will require you to upgrade your course.!|
This repo is currently in openwebwork/webwork2-dev branch: ww22.214.171.124
|Warning :||Because new tables and fields have been added for the essayQuestion feature upgrading from ww126.96.36.199 will require:|
- Replacing the current database.conf with database.conf.dist (assuming you have made no changes to your local database.conf version)
- Upgrading the tables by visiting the admin page -- which will create also create showPastAnswers table
- This replaces the showPastAnswers logs and also supports the essayQuestion feature.
New features for WW188.8.131.52
- The principal reason for this release is to provide support for the essayQuestions feature. This requires
changes to the database as described above.
- If you upgrade the course databases and then revert to ww184.108.40.206 the "upgrade course" report displayed on the admin
page will announce that there are discrepancies between the schema and the database. The usual fields mentioned
are "flags" and "published" and sometimes "visible". The data field named "published" has been replaced by a field "visible" to conform with the homework sets "visible" state described on the homework editor page.
- If the message says that there are extra fields in the database tables which have to be removed by hand, you can ignore the message. The extra fields will not get in the way of operations
of ww220.127.116.11. If then switch back once more to ww18.104.22.168 the error messages will change or go away.
- In general if the message says that the course database has to be upgraded to add a field then you should upgrade the course.
- If the message says there is an extra field in the course database which can only be removed by hand then you can ignore it. It's annoying but does no harm. You can use the command line tool mysql to remove the field (if you know what you are doing). WeBWorK will add field but never removes them automatically for fear of destroying data.
Release notes for PG 2.5.1
- Under the hood
We have not updated the release number
- Several feature updates and bug fixes have been added to the essayQuestion modules.