Forum archive 2000-2006

Richard Schwab - Webwork on OS X?

Richard Schwab - Webwork on OS X?

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicWebwork on OS X? topic started 7/2/2002; 3:53:26 AM
last post 7/10/2002; 3:07:21 PM
userRichard Schwab - Webwork on OS X?  blueArrow
7/2/2002; 3:53:26 AM (reads: 1421, responses: 3)
Hello, I was just wondering if anyone has attempted to install Webwork on Os X or on any linux version for a Macintosh. I currently have it running on a PC using Debian, but was asked if its possible to install onto an Os X machine. So, before I attempt, I was just checking to see if anyone else had tried this, and could possibly give me some pointers or insight as to wether it is possible or not. If anyone has, feel free to give me any suggestions. :-) Thanks -Rich Schwab

<| Post or View Comments |>

userJoe Borzellino - Re: Webwork on OS X?  blueArrow
7/3/2002; 6:29:03 PM (reads: 1699, responses: 0)
I have it running under OS X right now. At least the demo course. I am in the process of writing up a how-to for OS X, and will pass it along to the Webwork creators when it is done. I'll welcome feedback on it when it is completed.

Joe Borzellino

userRichard Schwab - Re: Webwork on OS X?  blueArrow
7/8/2002; 3:55:42 AM (reads: 1697, responses: 0)
saucy. very saucy. :-)

userRichard M. Woodward - Re: Webwork on OS X?  blueArrow
7/10/2002; 3:07:21 PM (reads: 1730, responses: 0)
This is very interesting to me. I hope to use WebWork to improve the quality of mathematics education available to high school students. One possible site for implementing WebWork is School Without Walls in Rochester NY.

SWW uses a Macintosh network, but they have not yet moved to OS X. I might be able to persuade them to upgrade if there is proven upgrade path.

When do you think you might have your how-to document ready, Joe?

Richard math@richardwoodward.com