Forum archive 2000-2006

Gregg Klein - removing student from scoring file

Gregg Klein - removing student from scoring file

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicremoving student from scoring file topic started 12/9/2002; 1:08:39 PM
last post 12/11/2002; 10:58:22 AM
userGregg Klein - removing student from scoring file  blueArrow
12/9/2002; 1:08:39 PM (reads: 880, responses: 1)
I have removed a student from my current classlist and database file. However, he shows up on my scoring report. I need to be able to have him removed there as well and not leave a blank in its spot. Please advise.

Thanks,

Gregg

<| Post or View Comments |>

userArnold K. Pizer - Re: removing student from scoring file  blueArrow
12/11/2002; 10:58:22 AM (reads: 1108, responses: 0)
Hi Greg,

The paradign for the scoring report (i.e. the totals file) is a grade book. If a student has drop status (D or drop) or is removed as you did new sets will not be built for the student. When such a set is scored, the entry for the student will be blank as opposed to 0 for students who have received 0 credit. That way you can differenciate students who have dropped from those who have done no work. If this is not sufficient, you can always edit the scoring files.

The scoring files are ascii files in a standard comma separated variable (CSV) spreadsheet format (e.g they can be imported into and exported out of Excel) and you can edit them anyway you want. If you don't mess up the format, WeBWorK will still be able to work with them. For example if you remove the line containing the dropped student information, WeBWorK will still correctly append scores to the file.

Arnie

<| Post or View Comments |>