Forum archive 2000-2006

Arnold K. Pizer - Baltimore AMS/MAA Annual meeting

Arnold K. Pizer - Baltimore AMS/MAA Annual meeting

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicBaltimore AMS/MAA Annual meeting topic started 12/11/2002; 2:25:44 PM
last post 1/8/2003; 11:37:51 AM
userArnold K. Pizer - Baltimore AMS/MAA Annual meeting  blueArrow
12/11/2002; 2:25:44 PM (reads: 3057, responses: 8)
Baltimore AMS/MAA Annual meeting
Dear WeBWorK users,

If you are planning on attending the AMS/MAA Annual meeting in Baltimore from January 15-18, 2003 and would be interested in meeting informally with other WeBWorK users, please respond to this message in the discussion group (click on Discuss to the left) giving the dates you will be in attendance.

Mike, Vicki, and Arnie will be in attendance (we are giving a Minicourse on WeBWorK on Thursday and Saturday afternoons) and we know that several other major users plan to attend the Baltimore meeting. If there is sufficient interest, we will attemp to arrange an informal gathering of WeBWorK users.

Arnie
Posted by Arnold K. Pizer on 12/11/02; 2:27:44 PM
from the dept.

<| Post or View Comments |>

userJun Wang - Re: Baltimore AMS/MAA Annual meeting  blueArrow
12/11/2002; 4:04:41 PM (reads: 3214, responses: 0)
Arnie,

I have scheduled to attend the joint meeting from Wednesday afternoon to Saturday afternoon. (Jan. 15-18). I look forward to meeting you and other WeBWorKers.

Jun

userJohn Jones - Re: Baltimore AMS/MAA Annual meeting  blueArrow
12/11/2002; 4:20:22 PM (reads: 3230, responses: 0)
I will be there from Tuesday night through Friday afternoon.

John

userCoreen Mett - Re: Baltimore AMS/MAA Annual meeting  blueArrow
12/12/2002; 9:14:37 AM (reads: 3257, responses: 0)
I'll be there Thurs - Sat (1/16 - 1/18). Look forward to meeting with users during the meeting.

Thanks. Coreen

userPrince - Re: Baltimore AMS/MAA Annual meeting  blueArrow
1/5/2003; 9:33:03 PM (reads: 3224, responses: 0)
I definitely am interested in attending the meeting in Baltimore. I need to know exactly where in Baltimore it is in, what time it holds, so that i will be able to properly put it into my schedule before then.

userArnold K. Pizer - Re: Baltimore AMS/MAA Annual meeting  blueArrow
1/7/2003; 3:15:36 PM (reads: 3187, responses: 0)
Informal WeBWork Meeting in Baltimore:

We have arranged a meeting for people interested in meeting informally with other WeBWorK users. We will meet near the hotel registration desk at the Hyatt Regency Baltimore (the headquaters hotel for the AMS/MAA meeting) at 5:00pm on Friday, January 17, 2003. After we collect all interested parties, we will adjourn to a local bar or other suitable site.

Anyone interested in WeBWorK is invited to join us.

1/7/2003; 7:07:50 PM (reads: 3097, responses: 0)
I need to know if i would need to pay anything to attend this conference in Baltimore. I also need the address for the Hotel since i am coming in from Washington DC. I might come with a party of three if that will be alright. I also need to know if i will have to register before we meet on that friday.

ICN

userArnold K. Pizer - Re: Baltimore AMS/MAA Annual meeting  blueArrow
1/8/2003; 8:52:44 AM (reads: 3132, responses: 1)
Hi,

If all you are doing is joining us for the informal meeting, you would not have to register or pay for the AMS/MAA meeting. Our gathering (maybe just talking or sharing a drink or dinner) has nothing to do the the formal AMS/MAA meeting.

The hotel is
Hyatt Regency Baltimore (connected by skywalk to the Baltimore Conventsion Center at the Inner Harbor)
300 Light Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
(410) 528-1234

You can find maps, etc at http://www.ams.org/amsmtgs/2074_intro.html

1/8/2003; 11:37:51 AM (reads: 3487, responses: 0)
I am now clear that the informal meeting for WebWorks is separate from the AMS/MAA meeting. I do not know much about WebWorks though but am ready to absorb as much information as i could about the interface. Dress code? i guess professional. I will be there. Let me know in time of further information.

ICN.