Forum archive 2000-2006

Barbra Bannon - File Naming Scheme for Calculus One Rochester Course

Barbra Bannon - File Naming Scheme for Calculus One Rochester Course

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicFile Naming Scheme for Calculus One Rochester Course topic started 1/25/2003; 10:13:06 PM
last post 1/27/2003; 10:31:29 AM
userBarbra Bannon - File Naming Scheme for Calculus One Rochester Course  blueArrow
1/25/2003; 10:13:06 PM (reads: 799, responses: 1)
Hi There,

I am a student programmer at the University of NH and I am currently implementing the first level calculus course for the school. I am a bit confused by how the file names correspond with the Stewart calculus text. If someone knows, please get back to me.

Thanks, -Barbra Bannon

<| Post or View Comments |>

userArnold K. Pizer - Re: File Naming Scheme for Calculus One Rochester Course  blueArrow
1/27/2003; 10:31:29 AM (reads: 1037, responses: 0)
Hi Barbara,

There is no fixed convention but see below. If you write a problem which is similar to a problem in Stewart or some other text, it would be better to mention this fact in the comments at the top of the problem.

That said, in the past people have used names such as s2_4_32.pg for a problem which is similar to the problem 32 in chapter 2, section 4.

At Rochester we are now using the following convention:

For problems in the directory setProbability17Expectation we use file names such as ur_pr_17_4.pg to denote the 4th problem in the section 17 (Expectation) of the Probability area. The ur indicates this problem was written at UR.

Arnie

<| Post or View Comments |>