Forum archive 2000-2006

Zbigniew Fiedorowicz - Moodle 1.1 frontend to WeBWorK

Zbigniew Fiedorowicz - Moodle 1.1 frontend to WeBWorK

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicMoodle 1.1 frontend to WeBWorK topic started 9/6/2003; 11:00:07 AM
last post 1/19/2004; 11:09:07 AM
userZbigniew Fiedorowicz - Moodle 1.1 frontend to WeBWorK  blueArrow
9/6/2003; 11:00:07 AM (reads: 1208, responses: 2)

For those of you looking for a great course management system to use in combination with WeBWorK to post instructional material like lecture notes, discussion forum, etc., I would strongly recommend the open source freeware system called Moodle. The latest version 1.1 of Moodle has many improvements and enhancements over previous versions, most notably a facility for backing up/restoring/cloning courses. Moodle is very easy to install and runs on virtually any platform running a web server and php (just about any variety of Unix and Windows NT/2000/XP).

Moodle interfaces cleanly and transparently with WeBWorK via interface scripts which I have written (now updated for Moodle 1.1 and WeBWorK 1.9). The following page contains some basic instructions on how this interaction works.

Click on the following link to view my Moodle course page for my Spring 2003 Calculus II class. To see the interface with WeBWorK, click on any of the "Do WeBWorK ... online" links on that page.

Zig Fiedorowicz

<| Post or View Comments |>

userZbigniew Fiedorowicz - Re: Moodle 1.1 frontend to WeBWorK  blueArrow
9/14/2003; 8:36:29 PM (reads: 1404, responses: 1)

There is now an update to this software which implements a dynamic link to the WeBWorK Professor's Page (without requiring a login) from the Moodle teachers page as shown in the following picture
WWAdmin.gif

Download instructions are the same as previously.

userAndy Wildenberg - Re: Moodle 1.1 frontend to WeBWorK  blueArrow
1/19/2004; 11:09:07 AM (reads: 1632, responses: 0)

Just in case others have had a hard time finding the updated link (the previous machine seems to have been retired), this seems to be the currently correct link.

https://webwork2.math.ohio-state.edu/moodle_wwk_ins/