Forum archive 2000-2006

Andrew - Error

Andrew - Error

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicError topic started 7/1/2004; 12:45:43 PM
last post 7/6/2004; 2:28:52 PM
userAndrew - Error  blueArrow
7/1/2004; 12:45:43 PM (reads: 974, responses: 3)
Hey, using a fairly recent CVS pull, Clicking instructor tools->selecting a set->edit one set yields this error:

Can't locate WeBWorK/HTML/OptionList.pm in @INC (@INC contains...)

The file doesnt exist in my webwork tree, is this an actual bug or just a poor CVS pull?

Thanks guys.

-Andrew

<| Post or View Comments |>

userMichael Gage - Re: Error  blueArrow
7/1/2004; 1:27:27 PM (reads: 1154, responses: 0)
That was a temporary bug, fixed in versions 1.59 and higher of ProblemSetEditor.pm Updating from the CVS, possibly just updating that file from the CVS should fix the call.

Log Message:

--------

removed accidental submission of OptionList (not yet ready for use)

userAndrew - Re: Error  blueArrow
7/6/2004; 1:28:54 PM (reads: 1148, responses: 0)
I got a new CVS update, unfortunately, there's a couple of errors that have popped up. Perhaps there a better place to post this?

If while editing a problem, your session times out and you hit the save button, the login screen that comes up has the PG source as a hidden form value (apparently so that after the successful login, the changes can be applied).

Unfortunately, the value of the hidden variable is unescaped which means that if there are any quote marks in the edited PG file, the PG file will jump out of the input field's value attribute. Normally, it'd be an asthetics problem, but since WeBWorK uses that value to perform the action, the newly saved file is corrupted.

Additionally, I am able to trigger "No display module found for this path." The error reports the referer as http://webwork.sewanee.edu/webwork2/admin/instructor/sets/testset/problems/ That error is thrown when I attempt to try a problem from the set listing.

Also, the remember me function appears to still automatically log me out after 5 minutes of inactivity or so, is this by design?

One last question, and I'll be done :) Is the configuration file format going to be finalized at some point? We'd like to be able to have a cron job pull the most recent CVS updates at a regular basis, but the volatility of the global.conf file requires someone to manually reconfigure the server after every update.

Thanks in advance -Andrew

userMichael Gage - Re: Error  blueArrow
7/6/2004; 2:28:52 PM (reads: 1132, responses: 0)
I got a new CVS update, unfortunately, there's a couple of errors that have popped up. Perhaps there a better place to post this?

-- you can report this by clicking on "report bugs" in the upper left corner of WeBWorK2. You will be asked to sign in with an email address. We greatly appreciate bug reports!!!!

Also, the remember me function appears to still automatically log me out after 5 minutes of inactivity or so, is this by design?

-- This is by design. The time delay before logging out can be defined at

$sessionKeyTimeout = 60*30;

at global.conf

One last question, and I'll be done :) Is the configuration file format going to be finalized at some point? We'd like to be able to have a cron job pull the most recent CVS updates at a regular basis, but the volatility of the global.conf file requires someone to manually reconfigure the server after every update.

-- we've just made a major change in global.conf.dist in order to make it easier to document. I would continue to update manually for the next month or so. The changes in global.conf.dist will decrease significantly, but as "must have" requests come in over the summer we may need to add configuration variables to global.conf.dist.

-- Mike