Forum archive 2000-2006

Cameron Parker - changing a problem midstream

Cameron Parker - changing a problem midstream

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicchanging a problem midstream topic started 9/6/2004; 3:57:13 PM
last post 9/6/2004; 5:56:19 PM
userCameron Parker - changing a problem midstream  blueArrow
9/6/2004; 3:57:13 PM (reads: 803, responses: 1)
I would like to change a problem that is currently open to my students and they are working on right now. I just want to add a +C after the answer box in some indefintie intregral problems, so they know not to put the +C in the answer box (which will result in an error).

However, the trouble I am having is that this is a Rochestor library problem, so I don't have write privleges. I could save the problem to another directory, but then I don't know how to change the problem to the new problem midstream without messing up students who have already completed the old problem. Is there any easy way to do this? Or should I just tell people who ask not to worry about the +C?

<| Post or View Comments |>

userMichael Gage - Re: changing a problem midstream  blueArrow
9/6/2004; 5:56:19 PM (reads: 1053, responses: 0)
You can save the problem to a local file using the "save as" button which appears when you attempt to edit the problem. For example saving it as set1/setprob1.pg will save it in ...myCourse/templates/set1/setprob1.pg

Now go to the Hmwk Set Editor and replace the address for the old problem (which will start with something like rochesterLibrary/.... ) and enter the new relative address set1/setprob1.pg. Save the changes and go back to inspect your problem set. You'll be able to edit your local copy.

Write down the address of the original problem -- you can use that to back out to the current situation if there are problems.

Once you've changed the address, the change is immediate for students downloading that problem set.

<| Post or View Comments |>