is pleased to announce the release of WeBWorK 2.1. This release
includes new functionality and enhancements to the user interface,
database system, and PG language:
sql_single database layout, for more efficient access to SQL databases.
- New mathematical-expression parser (for use in writing PG problems).
- New File Manager module provides full access to course files. (Will replace File Xfer module in a future release.)
- New Problem Set Detail module allows editing of set data (dates, headers), editing of problems (source file, value, etc.), and reordering of problems.
- Time zone support.
- Improvements to jsMath display mode.
- Many usability and cosmetic improvements.
- Many bugfixes.
WeBWorK 2.1 requires PGLanguageRelease2pt1. Both WeBWorK and PG are available on our SourceForge project page. Installation directly from CVS is also possible.
Documentation on installing and configuring WeBWorK is available in the InstallationManualV2pt1. If you are upgrading an existing installation, be sure to read the section Upgrading an existing WeBWorK installation.
Full release notes are available: WeBWorKRelease2pt1 and PGLanguageRelease2pt1
Posted by Sam Hathaway on 11/4/04; 11:05:16 AM
from the dept.