Forum archive 2000-2006

Japheth Wood - global_user email error

Japheth Wood - global_user email error

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicglobal_user email error topic started 2/5/2005; 9:12:53 PM
last post 2/8/2005; 10:53:48 AM
userJapheth Wood - global_user email error  blueArrow
2/5/2005; 9:12:53 PM (reads: 1087, responses: 1)
A student sent me this error that she received when she pressed the "Email instructor" button. It seems to be complaining that global_user has empty permission level. That is accurate, the permission level is empty, which is the same in my other webwork courses.

I couldn't find this topic discussed using a simple web search. Does anybody have a way to prevent this from happening?

Thanks,

Japheth

-----Original Message--

From: , * Sent: Sat 2/5/2005 3:33 PM To: gage@math.rochester.edu; toenail@cif.rochester.edu; sh002i@math.rochester.edu; apizer@math.rochester.edu; lr003k@math.rochester.edu; Wood, Japheth Cc: Subject: WeBWorK feedback from chatham-calc2: * setPractice/prob5 This feedback message was automatically generated by the WeBWorK system at webwork2.math.rochester.edu:80, in response to a request from UNKNOWN@208.255.82.2.

Context: http://webwork2.math.rochester.edu:80/webwork2/chatham-calc2/Practice/5/?displayMode=images&showHints=0&showCorrectAnswers=&showSolutions=&showOldAnswers=1&effectiveUser=mmurphy1

** The feedback message: **

WeBWorK Warnings WeBWorK has encountered warnings while processing your request. If this occured when viewing a problem, it was likely caused by an error or ambiguity in that problem. Otherwise, it may indicate a problem with the WeBWorK system itself. If you are a student, report these warnings to your professor to have them corrected. If you are a professor, please consult the warning output below for more information. Warning messages User 'global_user' has empty permission level -- assuming no permission. Request information Time Sat Feb 05 15:30:27 2005 Method POST URI /webwork2/chatham-calc2/feedback/

I also got this when I sent you the email before, so I don't know what it means, but it says to notify you.

** Data about the problem processor: **

Display Mode: images Show Old Answers? 1 Show Correct Answers? Show Hints? 0 Show Solutions?

** Data about the user: **

user_id => ** first_name => * last_name => email_address => **@chatham.edu student_id => ** status => C section => recitation => comment =>

** Data about the problem: **

user_id => ** set_id => Practice problem_id => 5 source_file => rochesterLibrary/setDerivatives1/ur_dr_1_1.pg value => 1 max_attempts => -1 problem_seed => 1170 status => 0 attempted => 1 last_answer => AnSwEr1##2##AnSwEr2##10 num_correct => 0 num_incorrect => 5

** Data about the problem set: **

user_id => ** set_id => Practice psvn => 59194 set_header => /ww/webwork/webwork-modperl/conf/snippets/setHeader.pg hardcopy_header => open_date => 1107172800 due_date => 1107820800 answer_date => 1108252800 published => 1

<| Post or View Comments |>

userMichael Gage - Re: global_user email error  blueArrow
2/8/2005; 10:53:48 AM (reads: 1401, responses: 0)
I don't believe you'll get this message again. After issuing this warning WeBWorK is supposed to set the offending users permission to 0. I'll look into why the permission wasn't set in the first place.

<| Post or View Comments |>