Forum archive 2000-2006

Nandor Sieben - hardcopy generating script

Nandor Sieben - hardcopy generating script

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopichardcopy generating script topic started 7/12/2005; 3:09:48 PM
last post 7/12/2005; 5:53:01 PM
userNandor Sieben - hardcopy generating script  blueArrow
7/12/2005; 3:09:48 PM (reads: 732, responses: 2)
The problem library site at http://webhost.math.rochester.edu/webworkdocs/ww/problemLibrary contains pdf files od the sets. I am assuming these pdf files are generated by a script automatically not by hand through the web interface. Where do I find this sript? What I'd like is a script with which I could create a pdf version of every pg file in a directory. Like pg2pdf *

Nandor

<| Post or View Comments |>

userArnold K. Pizer - Re: hardcopy generating script  blueArrow
7/12/2005; 5:32:15 PM (reads: 928, responses: 0)
Hi Nandor,

Unfortunately, there is no such script. The pdf files were created by hand.

Arnie

userMichael Gage - Re: hardcopy generating script  blueArrow
7/12/2005; 5:53:01 PM (reads: 923, responses: 0)
You CAN get a pdf file of all of the files in a library directory using the xmlrpc-daemon version of webwork. For example click on the "PDF_version" button on the page http://webhost.math.rochester.edu/webworkdocs/ww/listLib?command=listSet&library=nauLibrary&set=setBinpacking

Unfortunately the script that generates this pdf file is divided between the perl server (whose code is in webwork2/lib/WebworkWebservices ) and the client which is currently written in radio/frontier userland (see radio.userland.com). If you want to download and set up a radio client I can send you the scripts that I use to generate the PDF version on the page above. The radio script code would only be marginally supported.

If you want any changes you've made in the CVS to be reflected in the published library above, send me an email and I'll update the local directory.

--Mike