Forum archive 2000-2006

Thomas R. Shemanske - incorrect scoring

Thomas R. Shemanske - incorrect scoring

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicincorrect scoring topic started 8/24/2005; 12:22:27 PM
last post 8/25/2005; 1:36:36 PM
userThomas R. Shemanske - incorrect scoring  blueArrow
8/24/2005; 12:22:27 PM (reads: 419, responses: 3)
While it may be indirectly related to my posting about old answers not being displayed for regular students, an odd scoring behavior seems to have manifested itself.

I have a three-part problem, and acting as a student, I correctly answered part a (leaving b and c blank), and submitted my answer. I scored 33%. I then correctly answered part b (leaving a and c blank), and my score was still 33%. Finally I did the same with part c.

So now I have correctly answered all parts of the question, but my score is only 33%.

Can anyone else reproduce this behavior?

Webwork 2.1.3 is the version.

Thanks

Tom

<| Post or View Comments |>

userJohn Jones - Re: incorrect scoring  blueArrow
8/24/2005; 12:39:41 PM (reads: 485, responses: 1)
Hi Tom,

This is the expected behavior; I think it has always been like that. You have to get the different parts right at the same time to get your score higher. There are questions where you would definitely want this kind of behavior, and changing it would be very difficult.

John

userThomas R. Shemanske - Re: incorrect scoring  blueArrow
8/24/2005; 1:03:01 PM (reads: 573, responses: 0)
If that is the case, it is extremely important to resolve the show old answers problem I spoke of earlier.

I hate to upgrade to CVS version just to see if it fixes the problem at least without knowing how stable the current snapshot is.

T

userThomas R. Shemanske - Re: incorrect scoring  blueArrow
8/25/2005; 1:36:36 PM (reads: 475, responses: 0)
The CVS version does fix the show old answers problem which we had with 2.1.3, so we have upgraded to the CVS (24 Aug 2005).

At least with old answers showing, when a person answers one part correctly, that answer will be resubmitted if and when they have to correct other parts.

Closing this thread.

Tom