Forum archive 2000-2006

Thomas Hagedorn - Can one Change Instructor Password Using the Classlist Editor?

Thomas Hagedorn - Can one Change Instructor Password Using the Classlist Editor?

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicCan one Change Instructor Password Using the Classlist Editor? topic started 8/27/2005; 12:27:53 AM
last post 8/28/2005; 5:51:22 PM
userThomas Hagedorn - Can one Change Instructor Password Using the Classlist Editor?  blueArrow
8/27/2005; 12:27:53 AM (reads: 314, responses: 1)
When I tried to do this (in Webwork 2.1.3 - epsilon), using the classlist editor and the "Give new password for selected users" option, there was no place where I could enter my new password. The only way I could change my password was by using the "Password/Email" link on the left side of the screen.

Should this work?

Thanks, Tom

<| Post or View Comments |>

userArnold K. Pizer - Re: Can one Change Instructor Password Using the Classlist Editor?  blueArrow
8/28/2005; 5:51:22 PM (reads: 397, responses: 0)
Hi Tom,

This is a safety mechanism. On the classlist page you can change multiple passwords at one time and for convenience, you do not have to enter passwords twice.

Howerver, if you misstype your own password, it would be very inconvenient. Thus on the classlist page you can change every password except for your own. To do that, you must use use the old method and enter your password twice.

Arnie

<| Post or View Comments |>