Forum archive 2000-2006

Robin Cruz - Saved answers not showing up (WeBWorK 2.1.3)

Robin Cruz - Saved answers not showing up (WeBWorK 2.1.3)

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicSaved answers not showing up (WeBWorK 2.1.3) topic started 9/4/2005; 7:42:26 PM
last post 9/8/2005; 11:34:22 AM
userRobin Cruz - Saved answers not showing up (WeBWorK 2.1.3)  blueArrow
9/4/2005; 7:42:26 PM (reads: 554, responses: 3)
I am working on getting WeBWorK 2 up and running.

I have the "Show saved answers" as the default in global.conf and the permissions to the log folder for a test course are correctly set, but the saved answers are not showing up. Even during the same session, if you switch to a different problem and then return to a problem where an answer was submitted, the saved answer does not show up.

I noticed that apache is creating a transaction.log file in the course's log folder, but there is only one file in the folder.

--rac

<| Post or View Comments |>

userJohn Jones - Re: Saved answers not showing up (WeBWorK 2.1.3)  blueArrow
9/6/2005; 6:33:02 PM (reads: 620, responses: 0)
Hi Robin,

The transaction log and answer log are not part of the "Show saved answers". There were a couple other threads on the discussion board related to this. People upgraded to the cvs copy of webwork to solve the problem.

See the other threads for information on upgrading the database for existing courses if you have any. If you don't have any courses really going under webwork 2, I would definitely do the upgrade. If you do have courses and they are sql or sql_single, I would probably do the upgrade anyway.

John

userJeff Denny - Re: Saved answers not showing up (WeBWorK 2.1.3)  blueArrow
9/7/2005; 9:14:41 PM (reads: 624, responses: 0)
We are encountering the same difficulty as Robin. We are also encountering a memory leak that we have not been able to isolate yet. (Note that WebWork and sql and apache and linux are about all we are running on this server.)

In other posts, I have been given the recommendation of upgrading to the cvs copy, which requires some database updating. We have been hesitant to do this upgrade, since (1) we have a few hundred students using the system right now and (2) we have had so many ups and downs with the system that our students might revolt if there is more down time.

So, how difficult is this upgrade to do, and how likely are we to see more down time when we do the upgrade?

Thanks!

Jeff

userRobin Cruz - Re: Saved answers not showing up (WeBWorK 2.1.3)  blueArrow
9/8/2005; 11:34:22 AM (reads: 607, responses: 0)
I reinstalled WeBWorK 2 using the CVS method. The "saved answers" are now showing up as they should. My situation is different from Jeff's in that classes have not started yet at my school -- no students to worry about. It was relatively easy to use the CVS, but I had a couple of bad starts. I think it will be easier to keep up with the updates now, so I'm glad I did it.

Thanks for your help -- rac