Forum archive 2000-2006

Danny Glin - Problem with hardcopy for questions with no answers

Danny Glin - Problem with hardcopy for questions with no answers

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicProblem with hardcopy for questions with no answers topic started 10/8/2005; 10:51:17 PM
last post 10/10/2005; 6:36:46 PM
userDanny Glin - Problem with hardcopy for questions with no answers  blueArrow
10/8/2005; 10:51:17 PM (reads: 440, responses: 2)
I've ran into this problem a couple of times now. It appears that for questions with no answer blanks (e.g. "information" questions, and questions the students are expected to submit on paper. setDiffEQ8FundTheorem/ur_de_8_1.pg for example), I get an error when I try to print a hardcopy including correct answers. I suspect this stems from the fact that questions of this form do not have correct answers, which is causing an error somewhere in the system.
In the meantime I've worked around this by adding an answer blank to such questions, and using the auto_right answer evaluator to ensure that students don't get marked right if they submit their answers.
Any advice on a more permanent fix?

<| Post or View Comments |>

userSam Hathaway - Re: Problem with hardcopy for questions with no answers  blueArrow
10/10/2005; 6:22:29 PM (reads: 505, responses: 0)
Hi,

I believe you've found a bug in Hardcopy.pm. What is the error you get? What is the version of lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/Hardcopy.pm? You can find this in the file itself, in the first few lines, you should see something like:

# $CVSHeader: webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/Hardcopy.pm,v 1.66 2005/09/29 17:41:09 apizer Exp $

-sam

<| Post or View Comments |>

userSam Hathaway - Re: Problem with hardcopy for questions with no answers  blueArrow
10/10/2005; 6:36:46 PM (reads: 532, responses: 0)
Hi, I was able to fix this without the additional information. The fix is in the latest Hardcopy.pm in CVS. If you are tracking CVS, you can run cvs update to get it.