Forum archive 2000-2006

Imre Tuba - How to adjust the score of every student on a specific problem

Imre Tuba - How to adjust the score of every student on a specific problem

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicHow to adjust the score of every student on a specific problem topic started 1/31/2006; 2:27:52 AM
last post 1/31/2006; 11:58:36 AM
userImre Tuba - How to adjust the score of every student on a specific problem  blueArrow
1/31/2006; 2:27:52 AM (reads: 340, responses: 2)
Suppose I discover a bug in an exercise shortly before a homework set closes. It's too late to fix the problem before the deadline. Students have spent time trying to do the problem only to find their correct answers rejected. The best way to appease them is to give everyone full credit. How do I do this? Is there a convenient way to adjust everyone's score on a problem? -- Imre

<| Post or View Comments |>

userArnold K. Pizer - Re: How to adjust the score of every student on a specific problem  blueArrow
1/31/2006; 8:07:05 AM (reads: 464, responses: 0)
Hi,

Assuming you are using WeBWorK 2:

(1) Click on Hmwk Sets Editor
(2) Then edit the set data by either (a) clicking the "pencil" and then clicking under "Edit All Set Data" or (b) by just clicking the number (which is a link) under "Edit Problems"
(3) Either action gets you to a page with the list of problems. Check the "Mark Correct" check box and save your changes.

Arnie

userImre Tuba - Re: How to adjust the score of every student on a specific problem  blueArrow
1/31/2006; 11:58:36 AM (reads: 465, responses: 0)
Thanks, Arnie, for the tip. I always wondered what that Mark Correct box was for.

Imre