Forum archive 2000-2006

Sherman Wong - Getting Statistics on the Performance for a Particular Problem

Sherman Wong - Getting Statistics on the Performance for a Particular Problem

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicGetting Statistics on the Performance for a Particular Problem topic started 2/1/2006; 8:07:57 AM
last post 2/2/2006; 9:24:06 AM
userSherman Wong - Getting Statistics on the Performance for a Particular Problem  blueArrow
2/1/2006; 8:07:57 AM (reads: 438, responses: 4)
I'd like to know of a way of determining how well a given class of students is doing on individual problems in a given assignment. Presently, in the Instructors Tools, the insturctor can see how well the class is performing on an assignment and there are columns corresponding to the individual problems which indicate the student performance. However, the ability to quickly determine which problems in particular are posing the most difficulty for the class doesn't seem to be available.

It would be valuable to see, for each problem, the statistics of the number of students who correctly solved the problem and the average number of attempts performed.

Thank you. Sherman Wong sherman_wong@baruch.cuny.edu

<| Post or View Comments |>

userArnold K. Pizer - Re: Getting Statistics on the Performance for a Particular Problem  blueArrow
2/1/2006; 8:21:53 AM (reads: 528, responses: 1)
Hi Sherman,

In WeBWorK 2 the "Statistics" page gives this information.

In WeBWorK 1 the statistics page gives somewhat different (and more detailed) information, e.g. broken down by section and recitation.

Arnie

userSam Hathaway - Re: Getting Statistics on the Performance for a Particular Problem  blueArrow
2/1/2006; 12:35:02 PM (reads: 521, responses: 0)
Sherman,

Feel free to file a feature request in our Bugzilla database <http://bugs.webwork.rochester.edu>.
-sam

userSherman Wong - Re: Getting Statistics on the Performance for a Particular Problem  blueArrow
2/2/2006; 9:17:39 AM (reads: 616, responses: 0)
Hi Arnie:

I feel like a horse's bottom. I just didn't look carefully enough to see that WeBWorK does provide the statistics that I was looking for.

Thank you very much and please excuse my stupidity.

Sherman

userArnold K. Pizer - Re: Getting Statistics on the Performance for a Particular Problem  blueArrow
2/2/2006; 9:24:06 AM (reads: 501, responses: 0)
No problem at all. Stupid questions are often the most important.

Arnie