Forum archive 2000-2006

Robin Cruz - Hardcopy error

Robin Cruz - Hardcopy error

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicHardcopy error topic started 12/1/2006; 10:19:54 AM
last post 12/1/2006; 12:35:59 PM
userRobin Cruz - Hardcopy error  blueArrow
12/1/2006; 10:19:54 AM (reads: 39, responses: 1)
Last night, the following error message started showing up when the hardcopy button is clicked: ---------------------------------------------------------------

Hardcopy Generator 4 errors occured while generating hardcopy:

Failed to convert TeX to PDF with command 'cd /opt/webwork/webwork2/courses/MAT105/html/tmp/hardcopy/work.8yAtiL4T && /usr/bin/pdflatex --shell-escape >pdflatex.stdout 2>pdflatex.stderr hardcopy'. No TeX log was found. Failed to rename 'hardcopy.pdf' to 'MAT105.rcruz.Sec5.7.pdf' in directory '/opt/webwork/webwork2/courses/MAT105/html/tmp/hardcopy/work.8yAtiL4T':

Final hardcopy file '/opt/webwork/webwork2/courses/MAT105/html/tmp/hardcopy/work.8yAtiL4T/hardcopy.pdf' not found after calling 'generate_hardcopy_pdf': No such file or directory ---------------------------------------------------------------

We have three courses running and all courses are having the same problem? (We have WeBWorK rel-2-3-dev running on Apache2.)

--rac

<| Post or View Comments |>

userRobin Cruz - Re: Hardcopy error  blueArrow
12/1/2006; 12:35:59 PM (reads: 37, responses: 0)
Well, it's working again -- I cleaned out stuff in the tmp folder and rebooted. Right before I rebooted, students were not able to get to any of the problem sets. They got an error message about MySql having "gone away" (which is why I tried rebooting.)

After rebooting, everything seems to be working. Students told me that last night when it was not letting them generate hardcopies, the math stuff was also not showing up right which is way I deleted the files in the folders under the tmp folder. The courses have "images" as the default Display Option and I had to clean out old images once before during the term to get the images to show up correctly. I did not have this problem over the past 3 years we've used WeBWorK (with pretty much the same number of users)--is there something about 2.3 running out of space to make "images"?

Any ideas as to why this happened?

Thanks--rac

<| Post or View Comments |>