In any case, I would (and did) consider it a bug, and so have fixed it. Just as putting the percent sign into the labels too early was a mistake, shortening the labels too early is also a mistake. So I've remove the
choiceHash()and added a postprocessor for the answer checker that shortens the student's response. Since we only did that as a means of preventing the answer and answer preview from being too large anyway, that is a better way to handle it in any case. I renamed the routine
labelText()since "makeLabel" wasn't really appropriate anymore.
Anyway, check out the new version in the CVS repository.
PS, the reason for
$noCheckwas to prevent the percent signs from being inserted when making the list of labels to use as strings to add to the String context. It was a symptom of having included the percent signs too early, and should have been a warning sign that there was a design flaw. As I recall, I wrote the radio button object pretty fast, and so maybe didn't think everything through so well.