Features & Development

offline version of some documentation

Re: offline version of some documentation

by Dick Lane -
Number of replies: 0
I appreciate that I have several options to serve my individual desires, but I think there is a larger audience for a stable, common, always-accessible set of documents.

The online documentation has been inaccessible several times this spring (2011 Memorial Day weekend being merely the most prolonged).  This situation can occur even while problems we write, or are about to write, are available on other servers (accessible by us and our students).

My immediate interest is the variety of annotated templates for special techniques and subject-area topics; general info about MathObjects is also important.  During the recent outage, I was able to locate suitable exemplars for about half of my questions by using some Headers and DEFs (for subject area templates) appended to my MAA-2011alpha collection of problems [http://webwork.maa.org/moodle/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=2458].  On the other hand, fixing a truly-bozo blunder in another problem did not happen until I examined a suitable snippet in the Problem Techniques section.