Installation

Moodle-WeBWorK integration: Moodle created user can login directly to WeBWorK

Re: Moodle-WeBWorK integration: Moodle created user can login directly to WeBWorK

by Jacek Polewczak -
Number of replies: 0
Hmm. Did you delete the student from the webwork course before retrying this?

yes, I did.

If you go back to moodle, enter webwork from moodle and then try to login directly to webwork you will be able to succeed again.

Yes, that's the case and it is OK. However I am talking here about the situation when a moodle created student can login directly to WeBWorK , after the next two hours or next day, etc, even when he/she didn't login to Moodle at all. For this experiment I used different browsers and/or different physical computer systems. This happens even if each time I remove ALL cookies and clear entire history.

Furthermore, I observe the same behaviour regardless of these entries

$session_management_via = "key"

$session_management_via = "session_cookie"

in localOverrides.conf. I tried various combinations here, no change in behaviour:

moodle created student can login directly to WeBWorK anytime

By the way, defaults.config contains this entry: $session_management_via = "key";

Mike, please try it. Use the credentials I sent you in the email for a student.

And here is the entire

WeBWorK Warnings

WeBWorK has encountered warnings while processing your request. If this occured when viewing a problem, it was likely caused by an error or ambiguity in that problem. Otherwise, it may indicate a problem with the WeBWorK system itself. If you are a student, report these warnings to your professor to have them corrected. If you are a professor, please consult the warning output below for more information.

Warning messages

Use of uninitialized value $possibleCryptPassword in string eq at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Authen.pm line 628.

Request information

Time Sun May 03 20:50:23 2015
Method POST
URI /webwork2/test1_webwork/