WeBWorK Main Forum

IO.pm file discrepancies

Re: IO.pm file discrepancies

by Michael Gage -
Number of replies: 0
Hi Joel,

I finally got some time to look at this briefly. I’ve hacked up Problem 2 in EC308 in order to get more precise information about
what sage is sending back.

It looks like Sage is sending back an error message because it can’t process the code that you sent it.

Does this code work if you enter it into sage cell or mathSage directly? in particular "traceback": ["\u001b[0;31mAttributeError\u001b[0m\u001b[0;31m:\u001b[0m 'module' object has no attribute 'matrix'\n"]}}

looks like an error message from sage not from WeBWorK

In any case this is error is not due to the changes to HTTP2 etc. which were solved in http://webwork.maa.org/moodle/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=4251#p13748 and as it turns out was already in PG-2.15. (and is probably in PG-2.14 as well)

Which version of PG are you using?

Take care,
Mike

Hi Joel,

I don’t think one is built right at the moment but it would be possible. But you would still need command line access to the server to install it.

I expect to have a fix for askSage (at least as good as what I had hacked together as described in that post) and I’ll put it up on demo.webwork.rochester.edu
but it might take a couple of more days— we’re in the throws of getting 2.15 out the door.

Here is another thing you can do which will give you a sage calculator but won’t connect it to the answer mechanisms:

Take care,

Mike

On Sep 27, 2019, at 1:11 PM, Joel Trussell <hjt@ncsu.edu> wrote:

Mike,

I uploaded some problems with the Sage calls to the UofR server
Problems 2-4 all fail with the same error that we get down here.

is there any other external computation system we could use besides Sage? I thought there was a possibility of getting a Python link at one time.

Thanks
Joel

On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 2:18 PM Joel Trussell <hjt@ncsu.edu> wrote:
Mike,

I sent this question to the forum and have response yet. It may relate to a problem hat you wrote about in 2017

One of our TAs also asked the forum about this

The problem seemed to be that program calling Sage was not being notified of lack of communication.
It appears the temp fix you recommend requires changes to the server code. I can't do that.

Has there been any update on the problem you addressed? do yo uhave any recommendations for us. We've got about 2 weeks before the homework problem sets that fail will be assigned.
They used to work, no they don't. WE can go back to paper submissions but that would be a big blow to using Webwork for us.

Thanks
Joel