About a year ago the connectivity test was added to conf/webwork.apache2.4-config a modified version of which becomes /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/webwork.conf in the Docker container.
The only way I know to disable the connectivity test for a Docker setup is to comment out the relevant line in /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/webwork.conf . That needs to done in a manner which will override the fixed version of the file already inside the Docker image (which has the "ping" line).
The best suggestion I have is to make a copy of the file from the Docker image, comment out the "ping" line, and then mount the modified file via docker-compose.yml so that when you run "docker-compose up" the modified version will be used.
- cd your_webwork2_directory
- mkdir LOCAL
- docker-compose up -d
- docker cp webwork2_app_1:/etc/apache2/conf-enabled/webwork.conf ./LOCAL/webwork.conf
- docker-compose down
- vi LOCAL/webwork.conf # or use some other editor
- # comment out the "ping" line.
- vi docker-compose.yml # or use some other editor
- # Add a line in the volume section for the webwork container with something like
- # - "./LOCAL/webwork.conf:/etc/apache2/conf-enabled/webwork.conf"
- # to mount the modified file to override the existing one.
Commit where the ping was added: https://github.com/openwebwork/webwork2/commit/4d61cc8df1910220f8e0bc96ecaf95b67e95383f#diff-0b9a7a8accb83f5161b50707d0be242f