Spring 2000 courses using WeBWorK
Students in these courses must log in with their own user name in order
for their answers to be recorded and graded.
Visitors can log in to these courses
using the login name "practice1" and password "practice1". (If practice1 is busy, use practice2, etc.)
Current Spring 2000 Math Courses
- MTH 141A: Calculus with Foundations I (Coppenbarger)
- MTH 141: Calculus I (McDowall)
- MTH 142: Calculus II (Gonek, McDowall, Pizer)
- MTH 143: Calculus III (Jochnowitz)
- MTH 161: Calculus IA (Gitler)
- MTH 162: Calculus IIA (Benedetto, Coppenbarger, Matei, Pitts)
- MTH 163: Ordinary Differential Equations (Gage)
- MTH 164: Multivariable Calculus (Neisendorfer)
Intro for students
See Introduction for Students to WeBWorK for a quick overview. Much more extensive
documentation can be found at the WeBWorK home page.
You can also view the archived fall 2000 courses
offered last spring at the University of Rochester, some of the
"WeBWorK courses offered at other universities" and courses from other
institutions being hosted on the University of Rochester's WeBWorK server.
Visitors can log in to these courses as "practice"
users. Use practice1 as your login name and
password. Most courses also allow additional practice users:
practice2, practice3, etc.
For example, using practice1 through
practice4 will show you 4 different versions of the
Helper applications: get a printable version of your homework
WeBWorK lets you download complete homework sets in printable
(PostScript) format. Both Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet
Explorer need "helper" applications in order to
print or display them, however.
You can get the necessary helper applications online, for free:
PC helper apps:
Mac helper apps:
- MacGhostscript for both Mac powerPC's and Mac 68K machines
is a complete package which will display and print postscript files.
- DropPS is a a lean, quick program for
printing to PostScript-aware printers.It is freely available from
- For further information see
ResNet's Mac Software Page which has links to Mac Ghostscript,
and DropPS or the Mathematics Mac software page