Installation

WW 2.17 on CentOS 7 server Library Browser Error

Re: WW 2.17 on CentOS 7 server Library Browser Error

by Glenn Rice -
Number of replies: 4
What does it show when you run "git --version"? I suspect your version of git is older too.

I notice that your output from git does not show the "-C" option.  That option has been around for a while, so I suspect your version of git is rather dated.

Note that the "-c" option is not the same as the "-C" option for git.  So changing that won't work.
In reply to Glenn Rice

by Edwin Flórez -
yes too old it was 1.8.3.1, update git to 2.36.1 using this reference https://serverfault.com/questions/709433/install-a-newer-version-of-git-on-centos-7.
SC

The problem is CentOS 7 itself, one has to struggle a lot.

What do you think about this problem as I showed you earlier?
SC

It displays fine but when I try to preview it or review response I get this error.
SC

Again an outdated Perl package (B - The Perl Compiler Backend, https://perldoc.perl.org/B)?

I'm trying to update it but I'm having difficulties.

thank you very much for your help, now at least almost everything is working on my old CentOS 7 with the new WW 2.17.

In reply to Edwin Flórez

by Glenn Rice -
I am really not certain. You could try installing the perl JSON::XS package and see if that fixes this. I am reaching a bit here though. I see that the error is coming from JSON::PP, which is the native JSON backend. If you install JSON::XS it should switch to using that instead. We have seen other issues with using JSON::PP.
In reply to Glenn Rice

by Danny Glin -
Installing JSON::XS (using yum install perl-JSON-XS) on CentOS 7 fixed this particular issue for me.
In reply to Danny Glin

by Edwin Flórez -
Thanks Glenn and Danny, now everything works after install JSON::XS using yum install perl-JSON-XS.