Installation

2.17 Library Browser Problem

2.17 Library Browser Problem

by David Bondurant -
Number of replies: 2

Hello,

On a test server I have updated from 2.14 to 2.17 and have just about everything working. The remaining issue I seem to have is in the problem library browser. It gives me the following error:

Warning messages

• Couldn't find the OPL global statistics table. Did you download the latest OPL and run load-OPL-global-statistics.pl? at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Utils/LibraryStats.pm line 95.

Error messages

Table 'webwork.OPL_global_statistics' doesn't exist at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Utils/LibraryStats.pm line 97.

Call stack

The following information can help locate the source of the problem.

• in WeBWorK::Utils::LibraryStats::getGlobalStats called at line 1374 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/Instructor/SetMaker.pm
  • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::Instructor::SetMaker::make_data_row called at line 2148 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/Instructor/SetMaker.pm
  • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::Instructor::SetMaker::body called at line 154 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Template.pm
  • in WeBWorK::Template::template called at line 599 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator.pm
  • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::content called at line 218 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator.pm
  • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::go called at line 371 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK.pm

When I try to run OPL-Update or load-OPL-global-statistics.pl I receive an error mysql: [ERROR] /usr/bin/mysql: Empty value for 'port' specified.

In my site.conf I have 

$database_dsn = "dbi:mysql:webwork:localhost:3306";

$database_storage_engine = 'myisam';

# The following two variables must match the GRANT statement run on the mysql server as described above.

$database_username = "webworkWrite";

and my $database_password is set.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

In reply to David Bondurant

Re: 2.17 Library Browser Problem

by Danny Glin -

2.16 introduced some refactoring of the configuration files, which included changes to the way the database DSN is constructed.

Take a look at site.conf.dist and make sure that all of the variables that are defined there are present in your site.conf.

In fact, when upgrading from a pre-2.16 version it is strongly recommended that you recreate your site.conf and localOverrides.conf files from the .dist versions, and then re-implement any local changes.

In reply to Danny Glin

Re: 2.17 Library Browser Problem

by David Bondurant -

Thanks Danny, it was my site.conf version. I redid it with the .dist and that resolved the issue. Much appreciated!