WeBWorK Main Forum

Webwork 2.18/2.19 with Shibboleth

Re: Webwork 2.18/2.19 with Shibboleth

by Allen Sabernick -
Number of replies: 2
Can I ask what you mean by work with you closely? I'm not a web developer, but I have a WW 2.19 instance with Shibboleth setup and am happy to provide any information I can that might be of assistance in getting this to work. After applying 2609, in the admin instructors, all the navigation pages are now working, although various actions are still failing (note, have not even tried any of the user course things). Things still broke:
(1) In Accounts Manager, clicking save edit fails, with warning of:
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at template ContentGenerator/Login.html.ep line 12.
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at template ContentGenerator/Login.html.ep line 12.

(2) In Upgrade Courses, clicking Upgrade Courses fails, same error as above
In reply to Allen Sabernick

by Glenn Rice -
Working closely with me would mean meeting with me (via Zoom or such) to fix the issues.  In fact, I am going to be meeting with Gavin LaRose next week to work on this.  So hopefully we will get this sorted out soon.

The warnings "Use of uninitialized value in hash element at template ContentGenerator/Login.html.ep line 12." are actually inconsequential.  You could set $LTI{v1p1}{LMS_name} in localOverrides.conf (and maybe another related variable) to eliminate those warnings.  More consequential though is the fact that that code is even called when you are saving on the accounts manager page.  That is showing a critical issue with the Shibboleth authentication module.

In reply to Glenn Rice

by Allen Sabernick -

So I would be willing to have a zoom meeting to fix issues.  By adding following to localoverrides, I was able to get the contentGenenerator error to go away, but the net result is that most things no politely say, the course XXX uses an external authentication system (Shibboleth).  Please return to that system to access the course.    That message is in the login file, so my assumption is that further modification is needed in that file for the section where externalauth is used to allow it to proceed and actually do the work.

$LTIVersion = 'v1p1';
$LTI{v1p1}{LMS_name} = 'Shibboleth';