Forum archive 2000-2006

Donald Behan - How to correct error in set.def

Donald Behan - How to correct error in set.def

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicHow to correct error in set.def topic started 12/20/2001; 10:28:24 AM
last post 12/20/2001; 4:02:54 PM
userDonald Behan - How to correct error in set.def  blueArrow
12/20/2001; 10:28:24 AM (reads: 809, responses: 1)
I made a spelling error in a problem listed in set.def, and saved the file with the error. I discovered the error upon trying to open the problem, which could not be found. I have changed the set.def file to the correct spelling, but the old spelling is still being used. Where is this incorrect spelling saved, and how can I get rid of it?

<| Post or View Comments |>

userArnold K. Pizer - Re: How to correct error in set.def  blueArrow
12/20/2001; 4:02:54 PM (reads: 1043, responses: 0)
What has happened is that an incorrect file name has been entered into the webwork database when information in the set definition file was used to build the problem set.

If students have not yet begun work on the set, the easiest thing to do is the delete the set and rebuild it (Don't do this if they have begun work on the set). Use item 13. "Delete problem set(s)" on the Professor page to delete the set.

To change the file name in the webwork database use item 11. "Examine or modify data for all students" on the Professor page. Look at the "Change problem file names, status, etc." section. Be very careful. Also you should delete any cached images that have been saved for typeset mode --- the cached image may be an error message. You have to do this from the server (WeBWorK is not smart enought to know you changed a file name, seed, etc.). If problem 3 in set 7 is the problem in question, in the $courseTempDirectory (which is defined in the webworkCourse.ph file), cd to l2h/set7/ and then remove all directories containing data for problem 3, e.g. rm -r -f 3-* (be very careful).

<| Post or View Comments |>