Forum archive 2000-2006

John Jones - Request for piles of problems

John Jones - Request for piles of problems

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicRequest for piles of problems topic started 5/3/2002; 11:10:16 AM
last post 5/6/2002; 2:26:01 AM
userJohn Jones - Request for piles of problems  blueArrow
5/3/2002; 11:10:16 AM (reads: 866, responses: 1)
Hi,

I can see that WeBWorK has been used at lots of places. The only problems which are easily accessible are the main WeBWorK problem library, the Long Beach College Algebra Problems, and the Indiana calculus problems (which are available from cvs).

But, I bet there are more problems out there which would be useful. Here is what I suggest. Maybe, people could tar up the templates directories of their various courses and post them on the web or ftp server. Then, e-mail the discussion group as to their location. You don't have to worry about having duplicates of other problems, and it is understood that all problems are provided as-is. It should only take a few minutes to do and would really help the WeBWorK community as a whole.

John

<| Post or View Comments |>

userArnold K. Pizer - Re: Request for piles of problems  blueArrow
5/6/2002; 2:26:01 AM (reads: 1079, responses: 0)
Hi John and others,

One thing we are planning on doing at Rochester in the next couple of weeks is to set up CVS repositories for various schools that have written WeBWorK problems. This will provide a central location that people can access when looking for problems. The idea is that e.g. the Arizona State Repository would be under the control of the Arizona State authors. There will be no local editing at Rochester --- as you say it is understood that all problems are provided as-is. Obviously schools can decide whether or not they want to contribute to such a repository but we are hoping that most schools writing problems will participate. Even if a school has their own local repository, we think it will be convenient for many users (especially new users) to go to a central site with a uniform interface, etc. Please let us know if you would be interested in participating (maybe even in the alpha testing stage).

Arnie

<| Post or View Comments |>